Frequently Asked Questions
Shipping & Delivery
- How long does contact lens delivery take?
- May I request a specific date for delivery?
- What if a package is returned to Tru-Lens due to an address error?
- How will I know if my order was processed?
- What if I do not receive a confirmation email?
- What if I made a mistake on my order?
- What kind of conditions apply for returns or exchanges?
- Do I need a prescription to place an order?
- How do I know my lens prescription if I don’t have a paper copy with me?
- Where else can I find my lens prescription data?
- Is it possible to use contact lenses if the DIA is different from my lens RX?
- I cannot find lenses for farsighted eyes (+) from your site’s POWER selection list.
- Do I need an eye exam before purchasing contact lenses?
- Do I need to have my eyes examined periodically?
- What if I receive contact lenses that are different from what I have ordered?
- How can I cancel my order?
- What if I find a defective lens?
- What kind of solution should I use?
- Do you issue a receipt? What information does it contain?
Forgot my password
Q: What if I forgot my password?
A: Please go to our Reset Password page.
1. Enter the email address you registered with to request a password reset email.
2. You will receive an email from us with a link to reset your password.
3. Follow this link to the password reset form, where you can enter your new password.
Shipping & Delivery
Q: How long does contact lens delivery take?
A: Provided the lenses are in stock, items typically arrive within 3-6 business days of shipping. Please allow more time for remote or isolated areas.
Q: May I request a specific date for delivery?
A: Since delivery is made by a 3rd party, we cannot control delivery dates. Please contact the shipping/delivery company directly for such inquiries or requests.
Q: What if a package is returned to Tru-Lens due to an address error?
A: Please contact our customer support team so we may assist you in resending your package. Additional shipping costs may apply.
Please note: We will not resend packages over 30 days old. We will not refund orders after 1 year of purchase.
Q: How much is the shipping fee?
A: We deliver contact lenses anywhere in Canada via Canada Post for the standard flat rate of CAD$11.95 per order, regardless of your location.
Q: How will I know if my order was processed?
A: After you’ve completed your order, we’ll send you a confirmation email.
Q: What if I do not receive a confirmation email?
Q: What if I made a mistake on my order?
A: Please contact us immediately. If your order has not yet been processed, we may be able to cancel the order.
However, if your order has already been shipped, we will instruct you how to send us the unopened boxes. Once we receive your returned items, we’ll ship you the correct items.
* Additional shipping costs will apply.
Q: What kind of conditions apply for returns or exchanges?
A: Click here for details on our Return Policy.
Q: Can I wear colored contact lenses if I have 20/20 vision?
A: For customers with 20/20 vision, we offer colored contact lenses with a [0.00] power . However the base curve is only available in one size. In order to wear colored contact lenses, you must consult your eye care specialist if:
- you are trying contact lenses for the first time.
- you have any allergies.
- you do not understand how to handle contact lenses.
We are not liable for any complications caused by using contact lenses. Please follow the instructions given to you by your eye care specialist.
Q: Do I need a prescription to place an order?
A: Yes, you must have a valid prescription from a registered eye care specialist. Please ensure that the prescription on your order information is the same as what was provided by your eye care specialist.
Q: How do I know my lens prescription if I don’t have a paper copy with me?
A: If you currently wear contact lenses, this information can be found on the side of your lens boxes. Be aware that one eye may have a different prescription than the other.
Q: Where else can I find my lens prescription data?
A: Ask your eye care specialist to email a copy of your prescription to you.
Q: Is it possible to use contact lenses if the DIA is different from my lens RX?
A: We strongly recommend selecting contact lenses as directed by your eye care specialist.
Q: I cannot find lenses for farsighted eyes (+) from your site’s POWER selection list.
A: Currently, we do not carry lenses for farsighted eyes (+), nor do we carry progressive or toric lenses. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Q: Do I need an eye exam before purchasing contact lenses?
A: Yes, contact lenses are medical devices. Therefore, you must be examined by a certified eye care specialist before purchasing contacts. You must also follow the manufacturer's instructions and any guidance and instructions provided by your eye care specialist.
Q: Do I need to have my eyes examined periodically?
A: Yes, we recommend having your eyes checked periodically, as directed by your eye care specialist.
Q: What if I receive contact lenses that are different from what I have ordered?
A: Please contact us immediately by using the inquiry form. Provide your name, Order ID and the lens data listed on the lens boxes that you received. Lens data is usually found on the sides of lens boxes and will include the PWR/power of the lens.
Q: How can I cancel my order?
A: For cancellations or refunds, please see our new Shipping and Returns page.
Q: What if I find a defective lens?
A: Please remove the lens immediately and DO NOT throw away the lenses or the boxes. Then, please follow the steps as shown in our new Shipping and Returns page.
Q: What kind of solution should I use?
A: Please follow the guidance of your eye care specialist when choosing contact lens solutions. It is also helpful to check the lens manufacturer's recommendations.
Q: Do you issue a receipt? What information does it contain?
A: Our standard receipt, enclosed with the delivered goods, states the customer's name; purchase info (unit cost, total cost, quantity ordered, and purchase date); payment method; product details (product name and style); optometrist data for each product.